Wyndham Hotel Group to open 40 new hotels in India by 2020
Wyndham Hotel Group has revealed that it will continue to grow its footprint in India and neighbouring countries.
The hotel company opened 11 new hotels in the region last year and is looking to add 40 new hotels in India by 2020 as part of its robust expansion plans in the country, a senior company official said.
- Hilton announces Mexican expansion with Waldorf Astoria Cancun and Hilton Cancun
- Marriott’s Delta Hotels makes debut in Asia-Pacific
- Rosewood launches new business-focused hotel brand KHOS
The hospitality giant has 35 operational hotels in India under the Ramada, Ramada Encore, Howard Johnson and Days brands.
“India’s hospitality industry, especially the mid-market segment, is thriving from strong growth in domestic travel, an increase in foreign tourists, as well as a booming airline industry supported by government-led initiatives,” said Deepika Arora, Wyndham Hotel Group’s regional VP for Eurasia.
The US-based company also said that it is planning to introduce new brands to India over the coming years including Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham.
For instance, by 2020, Wyndham Grand is scheduled to open in Bengaluru in 2020.
The ambitious expansion in India is part of Wyndham Hotel Group's wider plan to expand across Eurasia in countries including India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Mauritius, Maldives, Pakistan and more.
The new operations will cater to travellers in India visiting pilgrimage destinations, leisure destinations and second home locations.
- Indian foodtech market set to excel despite pandemicFood
- Monster Beverages generates over $1bn in net sales in Q3 thanks to international expansionDrink
- Jollibee, the world’s largest Asian food chain, is coming to the UKFranchising
- Marriott International to grow branded residential portfolio by more than 70% by 2022Hotels & Hospitality