IHG signs deal with Al Arabiya Real Estate Company to bring Staybridge Suites to Kuwait
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has signed a management agreement with the Al Arabiya Real Estate Company to launch Staybridge Suites in Kuwait.
The new hotel, Staybridge Suites Kuwait Salmiya, is due to open in January 2022 and will add to the hotel company’s growing portfolio in the Middle East.
Al Arabiya Real Estate Company is owned by Kuwaiti conglomerate Bukhamseen Group, a partner of IHG.
The signing marks the brand's debut in the country.
- Hilton makes debut in Papua New Guinea with Hilton Port Moresby hotel
- Premier Inn owner Whitbread trials new 'no-frills' hotel chain called Zip
- Marriott International will bring its W brand to Brazil for the first time in 2021
Pascal Gauvin, Managing Director of India, Middle East & Africa at IHG said: “The Bukhamseen Group has been one of our most valued partners in the Middle East since we signed one of our first Holiday Inn hotels in the region with them more than 40 years ago,”
“We are excited to be working even more closely together to expand our footprint in Kuwait and introduce Staybridge Suites, to cater to the demands of extended stay travellers.”
Last year, IHG signed an agreement with Bukhamseen Group to grant the Kuwaiti company country-wide exclusivity for a 10-year period, thar covered six IHG brands, including InterContinental Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Resort, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites.
Dr Emad Jawad Bukhamseen, Chairman of Al Arabiya Real Estate Company added: “Travel and tourism is a fast-emerging industry in Kuwait, and the sector is experiencing a consistent flow of business and leisure travellers, from across the globe.
“We are proud to build our alliance with IHG to further hotel development in Kuwait and we are confident that our venture together will be a success.”
- InterContinental Hotels Group pledges to remove plastic straws from hotels globallyHotels & Hospitality
- Marriott International to expand its portfolio in the UAE to more than 80 hotels by 2023Hotels & Hospitality
- IHG to debut avid hotels in Europe after signing deal with German hotel operator GS StarHotels & Hospitality
- Hilton to open the world's largest Hampton hotel in DubaiHotels & Hospitality