EasyHotel signs Spanish hotel franchise deal with Continuum
Budget accommodation company EasyHotel has signed an agreement with Continuum Hospitality Group to develop a 146-room hotel in Malaga, Spain.
Expected to open in 2019, the property will be EasyHotel’s second development in the country, with its Barcelona property due to open this summer.
A subsidiary of EasyGroup, the UK firm behind the EasyJet airline, EasyHotel owns seven hotels with a total of 702 rooms.
On top of this, it has a further 20 franchised hotels with 1,728 rooms.
- Marriott International says 2017 was a 'record year' for international growth
- Grace Hotels reveals 10-year global expansion plan
- Sandals Resorts International unveils new CEO
The latest addition to its portfolio will be developed and managed by Continuum Hospital Group. It is backed by French private equity firm Extendam.
Malaga is officially the fastest growing urban tourist destination in Spain, hosting more than 1.3mn tourists last year according to the local town hall.
"We continue to expand our franchise portfolio in key international destinations and I am delighted that we are strengthening our presence in both of these important European tourist resorts, working alongside highly experienced partners,” said Chief Executive Guy Parsons.
“These additions will take our franchise portfolio to 1,728 rooms opened with 1,857 under development and the Board looks forward to announcing further opportunities in due course."
- Hoteliers must ingrain a sustainability-first approachHotels & Hospitality
- Rise of virtual events to impact hotel industryHotels & Hospitality
- Hospitality workers want employers to support their commuteHotels & Hospitality
- Cashless tipping platform TipJar secures £1mn on CrowdcubeHotels & Hospitality