Scandi Standard to buy majority stake in chicken processor Rokkedahl Foods

By Laura Mullan
Nordic meat group Scandi Standard has acquired a majority stake in Danish chicken processor Rokkedahl Foods through its Danish subsidiary Danpo. Under...

Nordic meat group Scandi Standard has acquired a majority stake in Danish chicken processor Rokkedahl Foods through its Danish subsidiary Danpo.

Under the deal, Scandi Standard will buy 51% of the firm and Rokkedahl will retain the other 49%.

As part of the agreement, Danpo has been granted an option to acquire the remaining 49% in Rekkedhal foods in 2023, depending on financial performance.

Scandi Standard CEO, Leif Bergall, said that the purchase will allow the company to boost its presence in the organic and free-range chicken markets.  

SEE ALSO:

“I am pleased by the investment in Rokkedahl Foods, which will serve as a great platform to rapidly develop the segment for organic and free-range chicken,” Bergall said.

“Rokkedahl Foods carries out the sale of such welfare chickens under the brands Rokkedahl Kylling, Himmerland Kylling and Limfjordskylling.

Rokkedahl Foods operates a brand new and modern slaughterhouse, which is ideally structured for processing of organic and free-range birds.

“Danpo will hence transfer all its existing processing of such chicken to Rokkedahl Foods following the investment.”

Not subject to approval from authorities, the investment is expected to close on 1 September 2018.

Last year, Scandi Standard also bought Ireland-based chicken processor Manor Farm

Share

Featured Articles

Nestlé Announces New CEO Alongside Future Investment Plans

Nestlé appoints Guillaume Le Cunff as new CEO of Zone Europe, along with future plans surrounding sustainability, mergers and acquisitions and innovation.

Danone Launches new Global Training Programme

Danone partners with leading technology firms: Google, Microsoft and Alibaba Cloud to utilise AI and technology in upskilling 100,000 employees worldwide.

Mondelēz Cements Snacks Industry Position With Biscuit Lab

Mondelēz International opens Singapore Biscuit and Snacks innovations lab in bid to keep pace with snacking tastes, as consumers target healthier eating

Sainsbury's Targets Sustainable Cocoa by 2025

Sustainability

Coca-Cola Bottling Company Embracing ESG Challenges

Drink

Walmart Supports Programme to Decarbonise Food Supply Chain

Food