[Infographic] What’s New in the New Year? More Predictions for 2015
2015 may have already started, but there are still as many food trend predictions as the year is long, and we’re eager to explore them all. UK-based food trend and market research company thefoodpeople produced this lovely infographic predicting some food trends to expect in 2015-2016, and there are some points we’re pretty excited about:
- Authentic Mexican: thefoodpeople predict that this year will see restaurants exploring different authentic cuisines and styles of Mexico.
- An Abundance of Condiments: we are always fans of condiments, and can’t wait to see more of them showing up on our dinner tables.
- Spice Trends: the infographic predicts a range of flavors gaining favor, including spices from all different regions heating up dishes—expect anything from garam masala and gojuchang to harissa and horseradish.
There are also some food trends we’re no strangers to and are excited to see pop up again, like ugly fruits and vegetables or high end fine dining chefs opening “little brother” restaurants in the fast casual vein.
But that’s all just for starters. Check out the whole infographic here:
- EU agri-food trade reaches a new record within imports and exports in 2017, report statesFood
- Catalina and Label Insight partner up to offer marketing based on dietary needsRetail
- Australia's Retail Food Group sees profits rise after aggressive overseas expansionFood
- Juice sales set to fall 7% by 2021 as sugar worries deepenDrink