Plant-based protein drink company Après receives $1.1mn in seed funding
US beverage company Après has said that it has received $1.1mn in a seed series fundraising round led by Rocana Venture Partners.
Launched in November 2017, the firm sells plant-based protein drinks using ingredients such as pea, chia, cacao and hemp.
Après said that sales were 50% higher than expected and that the funding round was needed to facilitate this demand.
The funding will be used to restock its current product range and develop a new line of options in the near future.
- AdVini snaps up majority stake in South African wine producer Stellenbosch Vineyards
- Dale Farm says it is interested in acquiring Irish dairy firm LacPatrick
- China's baby boom helps to drive revenue growth at Danone
"We've focused on building real relationships with our customers, both online and off, to inform our strategy and develop a community around the Après brand," said Après co-founder Sonny McCracken.
"It's still early, but we're seeing some strong signals that we're headed in the right direction. With the recent raise, we can use the proceeds to build on our early successes and amplify our growth."
Sumesh Sachar, managing partner and founder of Rocana Capital, added: “Rocana’s investment philosophy is to support next-generation CPG brands that are effectively engaging consumers as we continue to see a rapid movement towards better living.
“Après embodies our philosophies perfectly with a clean and nutritious product for the modern on-the-go consumer. Equally as important, Sonny and Darby have the combined skill set for building a brand that they live and breathe with the type of never-ending passion and drive that we look for in our founders.”
- 60% of Nestle's food is unhealthy - but not for much longerFood
- PepsiCo to innovate and expand portfolio in Latin America to focus on nutritious foodDrink
- PepsiCo aims to use 25% recycled plastic packaging by 2025Drink
- PepsiCo tops earnings estimates as Chief Executive Indra Nooyi steps downDrink