AB InBev names new North Europe President
Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) has appointed Paula Lindenberg as its new North Europe President, responsible for heading up the firm’s UK and Ireland operations.
Currently, Vice President of Marketing for Ambev — AB InBev’s Brazilian business —Lindenberg has worked for the world’s largest beer company for the last 17 years.
She will succeed the company’s current UK and North Europe head, Jason Warner, who is set to become zone president of Europe at the beginning of the year.
Lindenberg will move to her new role at the start of 2019.
- Top 10 alcohol companies in the world
- 7-Eleven Group buys majority stake in alcohol delivery firm Tipple
- Brewdog launches first bar in Asia with Seoul brewpub debut
- Read the latest issue of FDF World Magazine
"I'm so excited to be joining the UK business, especially as Britain is renowned for having one of the world's best pub and beer cultures," said Lindenberg.
“It is also unique in that it features all three of our global brands – Stella Artois, Budweiser and Corona. I can’t wait to work alongside the team in growing the beer category even further.”
Warner said that Lindenberg has “contributed hugely to our Latin American business, leading its growth strategy, expanding its premium beers and reconnecting the business with its brewing heritage,”
“I have no doubt that she will bring her own brand of creative vision and energy to these shores,” he added.
In its second-quarter report, AB InBev noted that its pre-tax earnings grew 4% to $5.6bn, which the brewer credited to strong growth in Brazil. Mexico, China and Western Europe.
- Top 10 biggest beer brewers worldwideDrink
- Coca-Cola Amatil strengthens beer and cider ambitions with 28-year Rekorderlig dealDrink
- Carlsberg beats third-quarter estimates with 'strong growth' in India and ChinaDrink
- Heineken confirms full year outlook after beer sales rise in every region in third-quarterDrink