Rosewood launches new business-focused hotel brand KHOS
Rosewood Hotel Group has unveiled that is launching a new upscale business hotel brand called KHOS.
The new hotel concept is described as a business hotel “with the style and vibrancy of a lifestyle hotel.”
- IHG breaks ground on its first Avid hotel in Oklahoma
- Embassy Suites by Hilton in Springfield sold for $68mn
- Best Western GB appoints new Chief Executive Officer
It takes its cue from the 'energy, art, innovation, creativity, style and dynamism of modern-day Asia', said Sonia Cheng, CEO of Rosewood Hotel Group.
"We have created KHOS to serve the needs of the new generation of business travellers, individuals who are constantly on the move and crave places to stay that understand, mirror and support their dynamic personas," Cheng said.
"Hotels have not kept pace with the evolution of this group of travellers and KHOS reflects a new age in hospitality in which business travel is inseparable from lifestyle."
Hong Kong-based Rosewood Hotel Group said that a mean feature of the brand would be its emphasis on bringing Asian hospitality to a larger, global scale.
The brand’s name KHOS is derived from the Mongolian word meaning “pair” and aims to show how the hotel blends East and West and business with lifestyle.
The Asian hotelier said that traditional hotel facilities and services will be “re-imagined” to combine and work and leisure, while food and beverage services will be inspired by Asia culinary traditions and communal dining.
While no set locations were revealed, the Asian hotelier said it will “establish a global footprint in key capital cities and up-and-coming businesses centres”, as well as resorts.
- Hoteliers must ingrain a sustainability-first approachHotels & Hospitality
- Rise of virtual events to impact hotel industryHotels & Hospitality
- Accor, Hilton, Hyatt & IHG Hotels work to end food wasteHotels & Hospitality
- Hospitality workers want employers to support their commuteHotels & Hospitality