Marriott International will bring its W brand to Brazil for the first time in 2021
W Hotels Worldwide, a Marriott International hotel brand, is expected to make its debut in Brazil with a hotel opening in São Paulo in 2021.
Owned by HBR Realty, the hotel launch represents Marriott International’s first luxury hotel in the country.
“Brazil is beautiful in every way, from the diversity in design and architecture to the endless varieties of dishes to the people themselves. Everyone wants to be a part of the action and W is no exception,” said Anthony Ingham, Global Brand Leader at W Hotels Worldwide.
“As our first property in the country, W São Paulo will be unlike any other hotel in Brazil, combining bold W design and the brand’s dynamic lifestyle with a Brazilian twist that adopts São Paulo’s unique allure.”
- InterContinental Hotels Group pledges to remove plastic straws from hotels globally
- Marriott International to expand its portfolio in the UAE to more than 80 hotels by 2023
- The October issue of FDF World Magazine is out now!
The opening of W São Paulo will mark the seventh W hotel in the Caribbean and Latin America region alongside W Santiago, W Mexico, W Costa Rica, W Panama, and W Punta de Mita.
The hotel will have 179 luxury guest rooms as well as two feature restaurants, a state-of-the-art FIT centre, a pool and 1,500 sq metres of meeting space.
"Marriott International is excited to bring W to São Paulo and with it, elevate the hospitality offering in the region," added Laurent de Kousemaeker, Chief Development Officer for the Caribbean and Latin America Region at Marriott International.
"The expansion of Marriott International with this luxury hotel demonstrates our commitment to this important country, where we now operate 15 hotels."
- Top 10 luxury hotels from around the worldHotels & Hospitality
- Whitbread reinforces its commitment to net zero targetsHotels & Hospitality
- Nobu Hotels announces sixth Spanish property in SevilleHotels & Hospitality
- Telefónica and Meliá Hotels International develop 5G pilotHotels & Hospitality