Hilton makes debut in Papua New Guinea with Hilton Port Moresby hotel
Hilton Hotels & Resorts has announced that it has opened Hilton Port Moresby, marking the hospitality company’s first hotel in Papua New Guinea.
The 212-room hotel includes five restaurants and bars, an outdoor pool and whirlpool and a Fitness Centre.
It adds to Hilton’s existing portfolio of 24 operating hotels in Australasia, with a further 9 hotels in the pipeline.
- Premier Inn owner Whitbread trials new 'no-frills' hotel chain called Zip
- Marriott International will bring its W brand to Brazil for the first time in 2021
- InterContinental Hotels Group pledges to remove plastic straws from hotels globally
Commenting on the hotel launch, Heidi Kunkel, Vice President of Operations at Hilton, Australasia, said: “Opening our first hotel in Papua New Guinea is an extremely significant milestone for us.”
“In addition to delivering a new standard of accommodation, F&B offering and conferencing facilities in Papua New Guinea, we are also providing over 200 Papua New Guineans with employment opportunities across Hilton Port Moresby and Kutubu Convention Centre.
“We are extremely proud to have this kind of positive impact on the local community.”
As part of an agreement with Star Mountain Plaza, Hilton said it will also manage the newly-constructed Kutubu Convention Centre, which offers plenary space for up to 800 people.
The debut comes shortly after Hilton announced it’s third-quarter results.
During the period, the hotel firm announced that net income was $164mn, a modest increase from the same period last year.
Meanwhile, adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter was $557mn, a 9% increase from the year-ago period.
“Calendar shifts and weather impacts tempered reported RevPAR growth, but fundamentals remain strong,” said Christopher Nassetta, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hilton.
“We continue to feel optimistic about overall demand trends for the balance of the year and into 2019.”
- Whitbread reinforces its commitment to net zero targetsHotels & Hospitality
- Nobu Hotels announces sixth Spanish property in SevilleHotels & Hospitality
- Telefónica and Meliá Hotels International develop 5G pilotHotels & Hospitality
- Jumeriah Group acquires first property in SwitzerlandHotels & Hospitality