Best Western Hotels & Resorts accelerates expansion in Japan with new hotel in Osaka
Best Western Hotels & Resorts plans to ramp up its expansion in Japan by opening a new international hotel in Osaka, Japan’s second largest city.
Set to open in the first quarter of 2019, Best Western Plus Osaka Kitahama will be a newly constructed properly close to the Aji River and key business and leisure attractions like Nakanoshima Park and Osaka Securities Exchange.
- IHG signs deal with Al Arabiya Real Estate Company to bring Staybridge Suites to Kuwait
- Hilton makes debut in Papua New Guinea with Hilton Port Moresby hotel
- Premier Inn owner Whitbread trials new 'no-frills' hotel chain called Zip
The 80-room hotel will become the third Best Western hotel in Osaka, following Best Western Hotel Fino Osaka Shinsaibashi and Best Western Osaka Tsukamoto.
It will become the first upper-midscale Best Western Plus brand in the city.
“Japan is one of the largest and most important Asian markets for Best Western, so we are delighted to secure yet another impressive property in this dynamic country,” said Olivier Berrivin, Best Western Hotels & Resorts’ managing director of International Operations in Asia.
“As Japan’s second largest city, commercial hub and the heart of the Kansai region, Osaka has a huge amount of potential for international travel, as well as the thriving domestic market.
“By offering a collection of globally-recognized hotels in strategic locations across the city, Best Western is perfectly placed to meet this demand.
Today, Japan is home to 15 Best Western properties in locations such as Tokyo, Osaka, Hokkaido and Okinawa.
- Whitbread reinforces its commitment to net zero targetsHotels & Hospitality
- Nobu Hotels announces sixth Spanish property in SevilleHotels & Hospitality
- Telefónica and Meliá Hotels International develop 5G pilotHotels & Hospitality
- Jumeriah Group acquires first property in SwitzerlandHotels & Hospitality