OREO O’s cereal is making a comeback after being shelved for 10 years
OREO is bringing back its cereal offering after a decade in the wilderness.
Post Consumer Brands and Mondelēz International have teamed up for the return of OREO O's, the cereal which was on the shelves during the 1990s and 2000s.
Originally launched in 1998, OREO O's have been off store shelves since 2007, until its return in June as a soft launch.
- New Zealand customs impound pallet of UK’s Weetabix as native Weet-Bix cries foul
- By 2025 the global healthy snack market will be worth $32.8 billion
- Post Holdings on brink of buying Weetabix for £1.4bn
"Cereal lovers around the world have been asking to bring back this cereal for an entire decade, so we are thrilled to be able to work with Mondelēz International to make this sweet dream come true," said Roxanne Bernstein, Vice President of Marketing, at Post Consumer Brands.
"Similar to the original cereal our fans loved, the new OREO O's® will provide a total sensory overload of chocolate and cookies and crème sure to satisfy established and new fans alike."
OREO O's started rolling out to select store shelves in June and will be available at stores nationwide from January next year.
Headquartered in Lakeville, Minnesota, Post Consumer Brands today is the third largest cereal company in the United States, with a broad portfolio spanning all segments of the category. Mondelēz International is a global snacking powerhouse, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion coming from sales in 165 countries.
- Mondelez International unveils R&D centre in India following $15mn investmentFood
- Mondelez International launches snack innovation hubFood
- Mondelez International expands its cocoa sustainability programme to BrazilFood
- Mondelez International to make all packaging recyclable by 2025 as part of sustainability driveFood