Coca-Cola Amatil strengthens beer and cider ambitions with 28-year Rekorderlig deal
Coca-Cola Amatil has secured a 28-year distribution agreement Abro, the owner of Rekorderlig Cider, to strengthen its position in the beer and cider market.
The firms said it will also expand its marketing department to assume full responsibility for the promotion and marketing of the Rekorderlig brand in Australia.
- Duvel Moortgat acquires London-based kombucha maker
- Diageo sells 19 spirits brands to Sazerac for $550mn
- Monster Beverages generates over $1bn in net sales in Q3 thanks to international expansion
Speaking of the deal, Amatil director of beer and cider Judd Michel said: “It’s the leading cider brand in innovation and new product development and was recently recognised as the most distinctive cider brand on the market at the 2018 Drinks Association annual awards.
“We’re excited at the prospect of working closely with the brand owner Åbro, our customers and the brand’s large and loyal fan base to continue to drive future innovation, growth and value in the cider category.”
Swedish firm Rekorderlig accounts for nearly 10% of the total cider category sales in Australia.
The brand is already distributed in Australia by Red Island, who is expected to continue to work with the brand until the end of 2018.
Through its latest deal, the cider brand hopes to expand its national distribution significantly.
- Top 10 biggest beer brewers worldwideDrink
- Carlsberg beats third-quarter estimates with 'strong growth' in India and ChinaDrink
- Heineken confirms full year outlook after beer sales rise in every region in third-quarterDrink
- Corona beer maker Constellation Brands tops Wall Street estimates in its second quarterDrink