Hilton announces Mexican expansion with Waldorf Astoria Cancun and Hilton Cancun
Hilton is continuing its Carribean expansion with a pair of new major projects on the Caribbean coast of Mexico.
The hotel giant plans to open both a luxury Waldorf-Astoria and an all-inclusive Hilton hotel on the island of Cancun.
- Hilton debuts innovation gallery
- Rosewood launches new business-focused hotel brand KHOS
- Embassy Suites by Hilton in Springfield sold for $68mn
“With more than half of our Latin America portfolio present in Mexico, we are proud to announce the plans for Waldorf Astoria Cancun and Hilton Cancun as we continue to introduce distinguished properties in the world’s most sought-after destinations,” said Juan Corvinos, vice president, development, Latin America and the Caribbean, Hilton.
“Representing our luxury and upscale brands respectively, Waldorf Astoria Cancun and Hilton Cancun will offer guests a taste of Mexican culture fused with Waldorf Astoria’s uncompromising sophistication and Hilton’s flagship hospitality.”.
Developed by Parks Hospitality, the two projects are expected to make their debut in 2021 and will be located on 100 miles of Caribbean beachfront.
The Waldorf Astoria Cancun will have 150 rooms and suites, with waterfront or mangrove facing terraces and balconies whilst the Hilton Cancun will have 600 rooms with panoramic views.
The announcement comes just a few days after Hilton opened its new Curio-branded Mahogany Bay in Belize
“Through this collaboration, we are excited about expanding our portfolio in Cancun, one of Mexico’s top tourist destinations,” said Charles Elmann Fasja, CEO of Parks Desarrolladora. “We recognize the tremendous value in working with a respected industry leader such as Hilton and we look forward to building upon this alliance in the future.”
- Nobu Hotels announces sixth Spanish property in SevilleHotels & Hospitality
- Telefónica and Meliá Hotels International develop 5G pilotHotels & Hospitality
- Jumeriah Group acquires first property in SwitzerlandHotels & Hospitality
- Marriott International and MARAEY sign new Ritz Carlton dealHotels & Hospitality